When you do THE WELL Cleanse, you don’t have to starve yourself!
Eggplant Caponata over Spaghetti Squash
Copyright THE WELL 2020
This meal which is taken right from THE WELL and is “cleanse approved!”
From THE WELL Cleanse and Provenance Meals
Caponata serves 3, squash serves 1
- 1 lb eggplant, 1/2-inch dice
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- Pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 1 cup roasted spaghetti squash
Optional serving suggestions: boost the protein with a sprinkle of pine nuts, chicken meatballs, or white beans.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan and add diced eggplant with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until browned but not mushy.
- In a separate pot add balsamic vinegar and reduce on low heat until it becomes thick like syrup.
- Add onions, garlic, dried basil, and the rest of the olive oil to the eggplant. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes and reduced balsamic to the pan. Simmer for a few minutes until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add capers and simmer for a few more minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve over roasted spaghetti squash.
READY TO JOIN THE CLEANSE? There’s still time. Learn More.
Book a Complimentary Consult
You Deserve to be a WELL HUMAN.