If you burp, feel bloated and feel like your food is not digesting, it may be because you have low stomach acid. You need stomach acid (hydrochloric acid or HCL for short) to have healthy digestion.
Why Stomach Acid:
- Kills bacteria and pathogens
- Supports protein digestion
- Stimulates bile for fat digestion
- Triggers pancreatic enzymes so nutrients are absorbed
Symptoms of Low Stomach Acid:
- Burping, bloating, stomach pain, heartburn
- Brittle nails and hair
- Poor skin quality
- Nutrient deficiencies like iron and B12
- Food sensitivities
- Bacterial overgrowth
Causes of Low Stomach Acid:
- Low Protein diet
- Over-the-counter or prescription antacids
- Zinc deficiency
- Poor diet
How to Support Low HCL:
- Chew your food
- B vitamins
- HCL supplements (not recommended if H.Pylori is present)
- Fermented foods
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Once I improved my stomach acid…my overall digestion improved too.
This is just one reason we test and don’t guess as a powerful tool in your overall healing.
Learn more about how you can fix your gut and put an end to low stomach acid on this complimentary call.
Book a Complimentary Consult
You Deserve to be a WELL HUMAN.