Striving to limit carbs and calories and boredom with limited options can cause people to get tired of the same old foods and lead them back to unhealthy habits, especially during the holidays. It is important to incorporate variety and change in your diet to make sure you don’t become stagnant. Your body may prefer healthy eating, but you may also crave variety and flavor. Replacing ingredients with healthier options is an easy, simple way to do this.
Breakfast is an important meal of the day if you’re not into intermittent fasting. On holiday mornings you want something, but also want to be sure to save your appetite for the celebration! The kind of breakfast you consume will have a significant impact on your activities throughout the day. To function at your best, your breakfast should be healthy and rich in protein.
Here are some easy healthy breakfast choices:
- Eggs and vegetables cooked in coconut oil is a great breakfast and it will keep you full for a long time. Fry the eggs to your desired consistency, toss the vegetables in to sauté for just a minute, add some seasoning, and enjoy.
- Skillet-baked eggs with spinach and yogurt is a great, easy-to-make breakfast that is full of nutrients to kick-start your day. Baking is a fantastic way to cook meals because you do not introduce any additional oils or fats. Pre-heat the oven to 300°F. Combine yogurt, garlic and a pinch of salt in a bowl and set aside. Melt a little coconut oil in a skillet over low heat. Add spinach, leek, scallion, lemon juice, and salt and sauté occasionally stirring. Remove skillet from the heat and crack several eggs into the veggie mixture, keeping yolks intact as much as possible. Bake for 10-15 minutes and top with yogurt mixture before serving.
- Who doesn’t love a creamy shake? But who really loves all those carbs and calories? This avocado green tea shake is your perfect solution. It is rich and creamy and very easy to make. Whisk together 1 teaspoon of matcha powder and 1 tablespoon of hot water and set to the side. In a blender, combine half of an avocado, a ½ cup of Greek yogurt (or dairy free option), 1 ¼ cups of almond milk, protein powder and a sweetener like honey, agave, or stevia. Blend together, add the tea mixture and serve!
- We get fed up with eating eggs every time we are on a diet, these low-carbs pancakes will be your new go-to favorite breakfast. All you need is 2 oz cream cheese, 2 eggs, 1 tsp granulated sugar substitute and ½ tsp cinnamon, blend this all together, let the mixture rest for the air bubbles to escape, cook the mixture on a pan on medium heat for 2 minutes each side and you are done. Tasty and healthy pancakes every time.
- Chia pudding is another easy to make breakfast. In a bowl or mason jar, combine ¼ cup chia seeds, 1 cup non-dairy milk, and ½ tablespoon of honey. Mix well and refrigerate overnight, until the seeds have become jelly-like in texture and the pudding has thickened. Top with your choice of fruit.
Healthy breakfast choices do a lot to keep the cravings for carbs and extra calories at bay during the holidays and everyday!
Book a Complimentary Consult
You Deserve to be a WELL HUMAN.